Friday, August 28, 2009

There is no excuse!!!

You remember when you were in school and the teacher gave you an assignment to write a hundred-word essay on whatever topic he or she happens to choose. Better yet, let us talk about the term papers you had to write when you were in college. Yeah, am sure you remember those days.

There was always a due date, and the instructor always gave you plenty of time to do the research on the topic, but some of us tend to procrastinate. Telling ourselves, we work really well under pressure; or I do my best work when I wait until the last minute. However, some do not do the assignment at all, and look stupid when they get a failing grade.

You are probably wondering where am going with this. Well, I was sitting here on the internet thinking about all the available resources we have on God and what he says in his word. What he wants from us, and how we should live. I realize there are so many of us who choose not to open the bible and read his word. For some reason we think we are going to get into heaven with our good deeds and looks and having a shoutin good time in church.
Every day I realize the due date is getting close. I realize that I have an assignment to get to know him so he will not say to me, “Who are you; you’re not in the book of life.” Oh God, I do not want to be one of the ones who say, “But, I didn’t know, no one told me.” Just to hear him say, “There is no excuse; I gave you plenty of time to know me.
We have an assignment and due date is getting close.

No comments:

Post a Comment