Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Stop Complaining and Start Praising

I was writing out Psalms 78 today and found it very interesting. I realize that no matter what God did for the Israelites, they always complained. They manage to always fine something wrong with where they were going, what type of food they ate or whether or not they would make it out alive or not from the enemies that were pursuing them or the one they wer about to persue.
They hardly ever took out time to praise and thank God for the many blessings he already bestowed on them. No wonder God got so angry with them. The more he tried to please them, the more they grumbled and groaned.

Look, the man took them through the Red Sea, on dry land, out of slavery and they told Moses that they wanted to go back because they wanted the kind of food they had back in Egypt; where is the water, we want meat, can I get some fries to go with that shake, blah, blah, blah, blah...

Now God was like, say what, after all I done for these people and their still not happy. One minute they're praising me and the next minute they're saying what have you done for me lately. I know some people like that, never satisfied with what they have, always wanting more.

I don't know anyone who has ever recieve bread from the sky or had meat dropped in at their door step; well, maybe when you look at how we transport things today. We can get meat and bread flown in from anywhere; but that's not my point.
God made sure they had more than enough, even though they didn't deserve it. Huh, sounds like some more people I know. They don't deserve half of what they get.

Anyhow, the fowl that came in was three feet high, and a days journey long for them to gather it all up. Wow, now that's God taken care of his pee's.
The funny thing about it though, or at least when you think about it, he blast them while they were eating, because he was stil angry with them. I can hear it now, "Why you ungratful, bam, bam. There they laid dead with meat hanging out their mouth.
Ooooh,don't wanna mess with an angry God.
So stop complaining and start praising

No comments:

Post a Comment