Thursday, August 27, 2009

God wants to know the Heart of man

There is a song that I listen to as often as I can by Donnie McClurkin, “Speak to my Heart”. As matter of fact, am listening to it now while writing this blog. It’s my prayer to the Holy Spirit, when I want him to speak to me. I want to know the deep thoughts of God. I want to know his Spirit, which is the Holy Spirit.

It says in 1Corinthians 2:10:10Yet to us God has unveiled and revealed them by and through His Spirit, for the [Holy] Spirit searches diligently, exploring and examining everything, even sounding the profound and bottomless things of God [the [a]divine counsels and things hidden and beyond man's scrutiny]. It goes on to say, 11For what person perceives (knows and understands) what passes through a man's thoughts except the man's own spirit within him? Just so no one discerns (comes to know and comprehend) the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Amplified Bible

When I opened my eyes this morning, I asked God what he wanted me to do with my day. I had this strong nudge from the Holy Spirit to go back and read Isaiah 43:18-19: 18Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old. 19Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Amplified Bible

I said to myself, “Okay, I’ve seen this before. What are you trying to tell me Lord?” So He took me to Ezekiel 36:26-27:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. NIV

So I said to myself again, “Lord haven’t I been keeping your laws and decrees?” So he guided me to Ezekiel 33:31-32: 31 My people come to you, as they usually do, and sit before you to listen to your words, but they do not put them into practice. With their mouths they express devotion, but their hearts are greedy for unjust gain. 32 Indeed, to them you are nothing more than one who sings love songs with a beautiful voice and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words but do not put them into practice. NIV All I could say was, Ouch!!


But wait, here’s the cool part. I went to Hebrews 8:10 where it says: 10This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. NIV
This follows up with Isaiah 43:18-19 and Ezekiel 36:26-27.

All I could say was, “Speak to me Lord, take your hand and put your word in my heart! Let your Spirit abide in me and me in you, so I will not sin against you. For it says in John 6:44-46 that it is the Spirit of God that draws men to you and that you will teach them. John 6:44-46: 44No one is able to come to Me unless the Father Who sent Me attracts and draws him and gives him the desire to come to Me, and [then] I will raise him up [from the dead] at the last day. 45It is written in [the book of] the Prophets, And they shall all be taught of God [have Him in person for their Teacher]. Everyone who has listened to and learned from the Father comes to Me--(A) 46Which does not imply that anyone has seen the Father [not that anyone has ever seen Him] except He [Who was with the Father] Who comes from God; He [alone] has seen the Father. Amplified Bible
Teach me father to put your word into practice and always allow you to speak to my heart. For it is the heart of man God wants to know. We must practice his word and not just hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment