Saturday, October 31, 2009

God I don’t understand this man!

This past month has been really interesting. My glasses broke about a week ogo. That was a humbling experience. I couldn't see very well for a day and half. Everything around me seem to be out of focus, both spiritually and the naturally, but God has a way of bringing everything into focus when we can’t see.
Now you’re probably wondering were I’m going with this. Well let me start by saying the day I put my glasses in the shop I realize there was a language barrier between me and the gentleman that repairs glasses. First of all allow me to say this without offending any one. I really have a hard time understanding people who have a foreign dialtic. Which was the case with the Asian gentleman in the shop.
When I took my glasses in for them to be repaired, he told me it would cost me forty-three dollars, Not really happy with the price he quoted me, because my mind was set on paying less than twenty dollars. Why less than twenty dollars you ask, because that was what I was told when this place was recommended to me. Therefore, I had an attitude about the forty-three dollars, but I paid it because I can’t see without my glasses.
Now as I recall the man was speaking jiberish to me. I really didn’t understand what he was saying, so I tried piecing together his broken sentences by repeating everything back to him and replied yes to what I understood him to say, but there is one thing for sure I don’t recall him asking me, and that was what type of metal my frames were. All he told me was that my glasses would be ready by the end of the day.
Well, unfortuatelly there was a problem. He called to tell me that he couldn’t fix my glasses because they are made from titatum mental and that it would cost me sixty-dollars to get them repaired. Natually, I was upset, so I told the gentleman that I would come in and pick up my glasses.
When I arrived there, the gentleman was reluntant to say anything to me, when he showed me my glasses, which was seperated in two pieces,I hit the roof. He tried to explain to me that he could fix them for sixty-dollars, but he was saying it wrong. What he should have said, “I can fix them for an additional seventeen-dollars. We went around and around for about ten to fifteen minutes about the sixty-dollatrs. That’s when I had reached my breaking point and stood in the middle of the man's store and cried out to God "Help me Lord because I don't understand a word this man is saying to me." Then all of a sudden a Hispanic gentleman, Richard Abil spoke up and said, ‘ how much does it cost to fix her glasses I’ll pay for it.” Not realizing that anyone else was in the shop, I turned around and said with amazement “Oh thank you, but you really don’t have to do that.” Richard said, “why not, I serve a good God and he has been good to me. So allow me to bless you by paying the difference.” So Mr. Abil asked the Asian gentleman, “so how much is it really, sixty-dollars or seventeen-dollars. The gentleman said seventeen dollars.
Now I know your finding this somewhat funny, and I did too after thinking about it. However, I realized that God was giving me favor and allowing Richard to practice Kingdom principles.
Favor, you call it. It sounds like to me it was a woman who was having a temper tantrum in the middle of the shop, because she didn’t want to pay an extra seventeen dollars to get her glasses fixed. I suppose you could say that, but when you really look at the big picture, God took my situation and proved that he does have people who live according to the word of God. Who know how the kingdom principles operate and to show that this witnessing tool for the unbelivers. When I really think about it, it wasn’t about my glasses getting fixed or me paying an extra seventeen dollars. It was about God fullfilling his promises through one of his own. He was Blessed to Be a Blessing, and the Asian gentleman needed to see God’s children in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment