Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Check your Attitude

You know when you just have one of those days when you seem to have a bad attitude about everything that comes your way. Not realizing it, your voice will begin to escalate because someone said something that offended you. At this point, your blood pressure is rising, and you are doing everything in your power to keep your mouth shut, for fear of saying the wrong thing, because you know once you say it, you can’t take it back. You walk away from the situation or conversation to avoid any conflict between you and the other party. Only to find yourself imagining what you should’ve, could’ve or would’ve said. Thinking that your right, because of course, everything you say to yourself is in total agreement with your flesh.
Yeah, I said it, flesh; that nasty, stinkin, prideful, all about me flesh. You know what I’m talking about, the I,I,I and me, me, me, Ooowe, nasty. Now if you are in the word God you will realize it right away, but if your not, that fleshy spirit will linger and cause others to stay clear of you.
I have to constantly catch myself and ask the Holy Spirit to put me in check, whatever the conflict or situation is. Instead of imagining the worse and shooting off my mouth, I am beginning to ask the Holy Spirit, first to forgive me for imagining such ridiculous thoughts and ideas, then how to handle the situation or the person I am having the conflict with. If I don’t, it gives the enemy room to plant seeds of resentment, pride, bitterness and hate, all the things that are not the fruits of the Holy Spirit.

Where am I going with this, what I am saying is check your attitude. Find out from the Holy Spirit why you are reacting this way. He will set you straight if you allow him to. He is a great mediator, He will tell you what to say, when to say it and how.
Often times we fail to realize that it is our wrong way of thinking that causes some major issues in our lives, we get a chip on our shoulder because we think were okay, or we think we know what were doing, or our way is right. When in reality it is our Heavenly Father who determines what is okay, what we should or should not be doing and if we are right or not.
Remember we are constantly evolving, changing into his likeness. Walking in his love and presence, this is how we grow into his image.
I must admit checking my attitude is an every day thing. I have to watch what I say and put my thoughts under submission.

2 comments:

  1. checking my attitude is a regular occurance...usually its when i start to believe it depends on me...an ever evolving process, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brain for the comment. May you always grow in his presence.

    ReplyDelete